Friday, November 6, 2009

Ivory and White are Both White



As I was piecing an outfit together for Charlotte, I was matching brown leggings with a skirt that has brown in it.  The browns were a close match, and as I thought that, my mind immediately reverted back 7 years ago.  I was working as a bridal consultant at the time, selling gowns and accessories.  One winter afternoon, a bride's mom came in looking for a cape to go with her daughter's wedding dress. All we had left in stock were the cream capes, since white dresses are more popular than cream ones.  When we told this woman that all we had left were cream, she replied, "That's ok, cream is just another color for white." Huh? She walked out the door with a cream cape for her daughter's white dress.  Glad I missed that reunion. Unless, of course, her daughter thought the same way, then one oblivious mom + one oblivious bride= happiness, because ignorance is bliss.

Here comes the bride, all dressed in varying colors of white...


This might sound crazy, but I couldn't find a picture of someone
wearing a white dress with a cream cape.

No comments:

Post a Comment