Friday, October 2, 2009

Oh, Shoot! Where's the Chute?

As I was lugging my laundry down the stairs to the laundry room, I thought, "whatever happened to laundry chutes?".  Really? The installation of laundry chutes is a dying art.  Or maybe dead already. I was going to launch a "Save the Laundry Chute" campaign, but I fear I'm too late.  So I'll hold a funeral instead.  Which is ok with me because the more I think about it, the more I can envision my children throwing toys, snack, and each other down the chute. Not to mention the yelling games from floor to floor. Yes, laundry chute, there is reason behind your disappearance: safety and sanity.  Humph. Well, I guess I will just have to keep hauling my laundry baskets up and down the stairs. And mourn for the loss that will never be. Sniff, sniff.


No comments:

Post a Comment