Friday, December 4, 2009

Pete and Repeat

My CD player is stuck on repeat. It's not broken, I just can't figure out how to turn it off. There isn't an obvious button that says, "REPEAT." How did it happen in the first place? I have kids, remember? They touched something, and now one song will repeat. I've thought about having them mess around with it again, but that's inviting Trouble, an unwelcome guest that doesn't need to be welcomed with desperate and insane arms. Not yet. Just get the manual? Yes, well, that one is most likely in those boxes still sitting in the garage, waiting patiently to be unpacked. No, I think I'll just randomly push a sequence of buttons until the "REPEAT" goes off. It might be something really complicated like "push 5 while holding down the 'PLAY' button, while singing 'Santa Claus is Coming to Town.' Loudly. Ignore stares of confused and scared children. Repeat three times."


I'll get it figured out. I'll get it figured out. I'll get it figured out...I'm officially crazy. KIDS! I need your help...

No comments:

Post a Comment